Y-ME SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT RULES
DON’T FORGET OUR FOOD DRIVE
PLEASE BRING ONE OR TWO ITEMS
Each team captain will be notified of his or her starting time. There will be a mandatory Captain’s meeting on Wednesday, August 25, 2017, at St. Christina Fields, 111th Central Park, Chicago, IL. Every captain must attend or have a representative to take their place. Every team is responsible to check the board to see where they are to play next, so that we can keep the games moving. We ask also that you pick up after yourselves on every field.
Please don’t forget to bring food for local food pantry, as well as your teams fantastic raffle baskets.
- This tournament will be in two (2) game guarantee format.
- All games will be six (6) innings.
- All players begin with a 1 and 1 count. (1 strike, 1 ball)
- After five (5) complete innings or 41/2 innings if the home team is ahead the 15 run slaughter rule will be in effect.
- Nine (9) players minimum are required to start the game, all players must be included on the original roster.
- Each team is allowed one (1) designated hitter. The DH is a hitter only. You must field 10 players before using a DH. The DH is your 11th player.
- Infield fly rule is in effect: Runners on 1st and 2nd, or 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with less than 2 outs; If in the opinion of the umpire an infielder can catch the ball, the batter is out.
- There is no mandatory slide rule in effect, but if a runner intentionally tries to injure a fielder, the runner is out.
- All pitchers will start with both feet on the pitching rubber. Drag pitching is not allowed.
- Strikes will be called in the well: a ball landing inside the point of home plate. All pitches must have an arch.
- Base runners may advance one base if the pitcher, and only the pitcher, plays on the runner at first and second base if unoccupied.
- No visibly pregnant women are allowed to play.
- Lead-offs are permitted.
- Except for league rules outlined previously, all other rules are governed by 16”slow pitch softball.
- All players must be 25 years of age or older. Proof of age is required from all players. If a team player’s age is challenged during the game and said player can not provide proof that she is 25 or older, she is out of the tournament, if 2nd underage player is found, the whole team will be ejected.
- Due to St. Christina Field rules there are NO DOGS ALLOWED at the park. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
HAVE FUN, STAY SAFE AND PLAY BALL!!
PLEASE REMEMBER EVERYONE HERE IS A VOLUNTEER, PLEASE PICK UP AFTER YOURSELVES ON
EVERY FIELD – YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN MESS. THANK YOU!!!
Enjoy your day.